ABOUT THE AWARDS
The Karista Heroes Awards is an initiative of Karista Mortgage to honor inspiring individuals in the different industries who are the epitome of a “hero”. We are shining a spotlight on their dedication to their communities, their selfless service, their servant leadership, and their outstanding achievements in their field of practice. We are celebrating how they are making a positive lasting difference in the lives of others.
- Each awardee will receive a stylish trophy, a certificate, and $400.
Nursing Professional who has positively impacted his/her organization and/or patients and communities outside her workplace.
Licensed graduate nurses (LGN)
Licensed practical nurses (LPN)
Nurse practitioners (NP)
Registered nurses (RN)
Registered nurses with certified practice (RN-C)
Registered psychiatric nurses (RPN)
Employed student nurses & employed student psychiatric nurses
AWARD NOMINATION PROCESS
- There is NO COST to nominate.
- Nomination is open to all nationalities.
- Nominations must be in the name of a single individual, at least 18 years of age. Groups and organizations are ineligible for consideration.
- Nominate a person that you admire or you think deserves to be recognized. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Eligible candidates may be asked to provide additional information.
- All nominations are reviewed by the Karista Heroes Awards Committee.
- The Karista Heroes Awards Committee will select 10 awardees.
- All award winners will be invited to receive their awards at the Karista Mortgage office.
- Nominees who do not win remain eligible for consideration in the following calendar year.
- Nominations are open from November 19th to December 2nd, 2021 at 12Noon.
- Award winners are notified either through phone or email by December 10th, 2021.
- All award winners will be announced starting December 18, 2021, on the Karista Mortgage website and social media accounts.
QUALIFICATION FOR NOMINATIONS
- Must be a Registered Nursing professional
- Had been engaged in the direct care management of patients/individuals
- Live and practice in the following location criteria listed below
- Location Criteria – Karista Heroes Awards are open to nominees from Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley:
- Village of Anmore
- Village of Belcarra
- Bowen Island Municipality
- City of Burnaby
- City of Coquitlam
- City of Delta
- Electoral Area A
- City of Langley
- Township of Langley
- Village of Lions Bay
- City of Maple Ridge
- City of New Westminster
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- City of Pitt Meadows
- City of Port Coquitlam
- City of Port Moody
- City of Richmond
- City of Surrey
- Tsawwassen First Nation
- City of Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- City of White Rock
Fraser Valley Regional District
- Harrison Hot Springs
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Can I (the nominator) be from outside Canada?
A: No. Nominators must be in the name of a single individual, at least 18 years of age, and must be residing in Canada. Groups and organizations can nominate but there should be one contact person.
Q: How will I know if my hero is selected?
A: We cannot respond individually to each submission. However, we will contact your nominee through the contact information you provided if they were selected for the award. Winners will be announced on Karista Mortgage website and social media platforms.
Q: What if I don’t know my nominee’s email address and telephone number?
A: We require both the email address and telephone number so we may quickly contact your nominee if in case he/she gets selected as one of the winners.
Q: May I submit additional supportive information about my nominee?
A: The nomination form includes a space at the end of the form to provide links to articles, social media accounts, or websites with more information about your hero. You can also submit additional images or videos that you feel would support your nomination. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to label them properly with your nominee’s name.
Q: May I nominate my hero more than once?
A: You can BUT we discourage you to do so. Please note that the number of submissions has no bearing on the selection of the winners.
Q: Can I nominate more than one hero?
A: No, you can only nominate once.
For any other questions, please send an email to email@example.com.